Some Steps to Success:
- Identify your goal.
- Set your deadline.
- Make a plan to get you there.
- Take action – do something every day to move toward your goal.
- Evaluate how you are doing.
- Resolve in advance that you will persist until you succeed and that you will not give up.
- Reflect on what you achieve.
- Celebrate successfully fulfilling your goal.
In Carol Dweck’s book ‘Mindset: The Psychology of Success’ there are 10 big ideas that she outlines:
- Adopt a growth mindset and focus on learning over achievement;
- Change your mindset by thinking and reacting in different ways;
- Become a growth-mindset thinker in the moment;
- Love what you are doing by embracing the process and the growth;
- Reward the journey, regardless of the outcome;
- See your relationships from a growth mindset;
- Appreciate that artistic ability can be developed through training;
- Understand that physical skills can be developed through training;
- Shape mindsets through the gift of growth mindset actions and words.
- Accept that we all have interests that can blossom into abilities.
“Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.”
“Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be,have or do”.Brian Tracy
“Your success and happiness lie in you”.Helen Keller
Success requires determination.
“Put your heart, mind and soul into even your smallest acts.This is the secret of success”.Swami Sivananda
“Success is never accidental”.Jack Dorsey
Success requires commitment.
“Success does not lie in results, but in efforts, being the best is not so important, doing the best is all that matters”. Unknown
“Success is a journey not a destination”.Unknown
“If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on”.Sheryl Sandberg